Friday, September 8, 2023

K-4576 Oregon National Historic Trail and This is how I POTA. This time. 2023-09-08



I activated K-4576 Oregon NHT. I haven't used my painter pole in a while. So with 10m opening more lately, I decided to use it. 2 BD7 Chinese whips in dipole format with MFJ Hamstick Dipole mount. I was very pleased with how easy it was to measure the whips and put the antenna up. 10m was great again today. Need more hunters out there exercising that band. Japan and Australia. That was a nice treat. I wasn't at the park long. 1.5 hours. 15m and 17m were working well too. I am glad the higher bands are opening. 

There is this thing that Wes VA5MUD is starting. It is a 'This is how I POTA' . Sort of challenge. So I wanted to jump in and share how I POTA at my activations. I mix it up when activating. So I will be creating more videos in future activations. Below is my first crack at how I POTA'd today. Below that are the maps. 

Thank you to all the hunters and P2P's today. 










No comments:

Post a Comment