Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mt Scott to Mt Talbert

I have seen Mt Talbert across the valley for quite some time. I have wanted to hike it, but did not want to drive, as it was so close. I finally took the time to map out a route from my home to Mt Talbert. It was well worth the hike. At the top of Mt Scott, there are some green spaces and access to Mt Scott Nature Park. I walked down my street to the Mt Scott Nature park and followed it to the base of the hill. Down at the bottom there are a few blocks of sidewalk before entering a green space. This space is flanked by homes on either side. Then it pops out for another couple blocks to another green space. Below are a few picks I took in that area.


After this green space, a couple more blocks, then I passed through a park. Then on the road for a few more blocks before crossing Sunnyside Road. Across Sunnyside is the trail head to Mt Talbert. Mt Talbert Park Link . After entering the trail I crossed a bridge fit for a train. This thing is built like a tank. 


Once across the bridge, the traffic noise starts to taper off. And the trail begins to wind around , up and over the mountain. Below are pics of how lush green and some funky trees. 







There are oak trees throughout the mountain. Areas are being restored to eliminate fir trees. 


At the summit there is an official/ unofficial elevation marker. And of course, on an oak tree.


On the way down the other side of the mountain, there are several meadows. I suspect there are deer around and feed in these areas. 



Below is the map of the route and click this link if you want details 







No comments:

Post a Comment