Saturday, October 4, 2014

Boy Scout Camp July 2014

Michael is in his second year of scouts. Each summer his scout troop attends a Boy Scout Camp in the region. Last year, camp was at Camp Meriwether south of Tillamook. This year, camp was at Camp Pioneer near Mt Jefferson in Central Oregon. I spent the week with him and the other scouts. The weather was great and the location was awesome. I was still struggling with anemia so I was not able to do much hiking. I even tried passing the swim test and I bonked and was not able to finish. This was a smaller camp than last year and it was run very well. Michael had a great time with the other scouts and earned merit badges and worked on rank advancements. He went on an overnight backpack trip with the leader and another father, along with several other scouts. That short 1 night outing was the first time Michael was backpacking/camping without me. I stayed back at camp to watch over the other scouts. We did manage to go on a day hike to a remote lake. It was only a couple miles, but was nice to get out of camp.






No comments:

Post a Comment