Thursday, September 7, 2023

13 days without an activation and trapped in the house sick.

 It has been almost two weeks since I was at a park. 13 days trapped at home recovering from a head cold. I made it out today, 9/7/2023 to the park K-3424 Ice Age Geological Trail. 

It felt great getting out in the fresh air. Weather has cooled. Partly cloudy dry day here in NW Oregon. I wasn't feeling very adventurous, so I used hamsticks on a triple mag mount for 10m, 15m and 17m. The 17' MFJ whip for 20m. I was in the Tacoma Truck in the bed with my topper lift canopy. Using the IC 7300 . 10m has been open lately at home. So I started on 10m at the park. It was a nice run of about 25 contacts. Midwest, SE US were coming in great. After a bit I moved to 15m. Got a few contacts. Not as active. But nice to work folks on that band. Then a few on 17m. I heard Wes VA5MUD on 20m in a park. So I put my whip on the mag mount (I use quick disconnects for quick antenna changes) . I hunted Wes for the P2P. I wasn't planning on 20m for my activation. I didn't want to lose my voice. But I wasn't feeling to bad. So I went for it. Yikes. You hunters are awesome. I had quite the pile up for a bit. WA7FLY, Tom, reached me with 5 watts (I had just

called for any QRP stations. Smart move Tom!) So after our QSO I kept the power down so the pile ups would not make me lose my voice. Sorry folks. After a it I packed it in for the afternoon. 

Shout out to the HamJazz Discord folks VA5MUD, W6PUG, WA7FLY, AJ5C, VE1SK. And a couple folks worked me on 3 bands. 

Thank you everyone! 73

W7RTA

Charlie














No comments:

Post a Comment